Wednesday, January 11, 2017

#5 1st week of training

First week went well


I don't think you are really interested on what I did.  But I did more walking than running.  When I went on my runs I felt a small twinge on the outside of my right knee.  Felt the same thing when I was playing hockey on the pond.  I am little concerned but I don't need to be in a hurry to put mileage on at this point.  My training equipment pretty much consists on an old Nordic Track treadmill that has to be 16 years old.  I can't run on it ( I am to big) in fact I broke the platform on it 10 years ago and replaced it.  I don't really even walk on it anymore, the distance doesn't work and I am pretty sure the speed is really off.  But when the weather gets below 10 below that is the only option.  More often not as long as the roads are runnable I will got outside rather than be inside. 


I could join a gym but the only reason I would use it is for the treadmill.  If I can get through January/February then I think I might pass joining the gym. 



No comments:

Post a Comment